Preventing the spread of infectious diseases like Corona virus or any other flu, best way is to wash hand min of 20 sec by soap.
if water and soap aren’t available, your next best option is to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)Trusted Source.
Making your own hand sanitizer using the following ingredients:
1. Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol with 90% t0 100% alcohol volume
2. Aloe Vera Gel 90% to 100% Aloe Vera gel
3. An essential oil for example tea tree oil or lavender oil or Vitamin E oil or can be use lemon juice instead
4. Bowl and spoon
6. Empty liquid soap or hand sanitizer bottle
7. Gloves (OPTIONAL)
*Mix 2:1 portion of alcohol to Aloe vera to make germ busting hand sanitizer at home. Add 8-10 drops of tea tree oil or Vitamin E oil or lavender oil or pure lemon juice.
Hold the mixed item 48/72 hour before use. Remember to keep the alcohol content around 60%.
*In case you have 60% to 75% Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol than Mix portion 3:1 or 4:1 portion as long as the alcohol content around 60% maintain.
Hand sanitizer formula as follows:
1. 2 parts Isopropyl Alcohol (91%–99% Alcohol) or ethanol
2. 1 part Aloe Vera gel
3. A few drops of clove oil, eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, or other essential oil
Add the portions of oil, according to your choice by increasing or decreasing the drop portions
4. Push or squeeze spray bottle
Hand sanitizer formula as follows:
1. 1 cup of 99.8% Isopropyl alcohol
2. 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide
3. 1 teaspoon of 98% glycerin
4. ¼ cup of sterile distilled water or boiled water that has cooled
5. Spray bottle
Proper use hand sanitizer
Awareness before using hand sanitizer
1. You need to rub it into your skin until your hands are dry.
2. If your hands are greasy or dirty, you should wash them first with soap and water.
3. Spray or apply the sanitizer to the palm of one hand.
4. Thoroughly rub your hands together. Make sure you cover the entire surface of your hands and all your fingers.
Continue rubbing for 30 to 60 seconds or until your hands are dry. It can take at least 60 seconds, and sometimes longer, for hand sanitizer to kill most germs.
Important Note. Please Read accordingly:
1. Minimum amount needed to kill most germs, according to the CDC Trusted Source is 60% alcohol volume.
2. World Health Organization recommends letting your concoction sit for a minimum of 72 hours after you're done.
3. Only use homemade hand sanitizers in extreme situations when hand-washing isn’t available for the foreseeable future.
4. Make the hand sanitizer in a clean space. Wipe down counter-tops with a diluted bleach solution beforehand.
5. Wash your hands thoroughly before making the hand sanitizer.
6. To mix, use a clean spoon and whisk. Wash these items thoroughly before using them.
7. Make sure the alcohol used for the hand sanitizer is not diluted.
8. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until they’re well blended.
9. Don’t touch the mixture with your hands until it’s ready for use.
10. Improper ingredients or proportions can lead to:
a. Lack of efficacy, meaning that the sanitizer may not effectively eliminate risk of exposure to some or all microbes
b. Skin irritation, injury, or burns
c. Exposure to hazardous chemicals via inhalation
11. The best alcohol-based hand sanitizers have limitations and don’t eliminate all types of germs like norovirus, Cryptosporidium & Clostridium difficile
How to make a hand sanitizer at home
- Written by Super User
- Category: World mixed
- Hits: 3428